Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 10. Fisheries and Fishing Regulations
- Section 400. Permits For Salmon Hatcheries.
previous: Section 380
. Regional Associations.
next: Section 410
. Hearings Before Permit Issuance.
AS 16.10.400. Permits For Salmon Hatcheries.
- (a) The commissioner or a designee may issue a permit, subject to the restrictions imposed by statute or regulation under
- 16.10.470, to a nonprofit corporation organized
under AS 10.20, after the permit application has been reviewed by
the regional planning team, for
- (1) the construction and operation of a salmon hatchery;
- (2) the operation of a hatchery under AS 16.10.480
- (b) The application for a permit under this section shall be on a form prescribed by the department and be accompanied by
an application fee of $100. The commissioner may waive the submission of an application for a permit to operate a
hatchery under AS 16.10.480
- (c) A hatchery permit is nontransferable. If a permit holder sells or leases a hatchery for which a permit is issued under
this section, the new operator shall apply for a new permit under this section.
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 19 ch 154 SLA 1977].
- (e) A qualified regional association formed under AS 16.10.380
, if it has become a nonprofit corporation under AS 10.20, has a
preference right to a permit under (a)(1) of this section if its proposed hatchery is provided for in the comprehensive
plan for that region developed under AS 16.10.375
and the fresh water source exceeds one cubic foot per second minimum flow. Another local nonprofit hatchery
corporation approved by a qualified regional association has an identical preference right.
- (f) Except for permits issued before June 16, 1976, a permit may not be issued for construction or operation of a hatchery
on an anadromous fish stream unless the stream has been classified as suitable for enhancement purposes by the
commissioner. The commissioner shall undertake to make such classifications in conjunction with the development of the
comprehensive plan under AS 16.10.375
- (g) During the development of a comprehensive plan for a region a permit may not be issued for a hatchery unless the
commissioner determines that the action would result in substantial public benefits and would not jeopardize natural
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.