Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 10. Fisheries and Fishing Regulations
- Section 410. Hearings Before Permit Issuance.
previous: Section 400
. Permits For Salmon Hatcheries.
next: Section 420
. Conditions of a Permit.
AS 16.10.410. Hearings Before Permit Issuance.
- (a) At least 30 days before the issuance of a permit under AS 16.10.400, a public hearing shall be held in a central
location in the vicinity of the proposed hatchery facility.
- (b) Notice of the hearing shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation once a week for three consecutive
weeks, with completion of the notice at least 10 days before the hearing.
- (c) The hearing shall be conducted by the department. At a hearing for a permit under AS 16.10.400
(a)(1), the applicant shall present a plan for the proposed hatchery, describing the capacity of the hatchery and other
relevant facts that may be of interest to the department or the public. Interested members of the public shall be
afforded an opportunity to be heard.
- (d) The department shall record and consider objections and recommendations offered by the public at the hearing conducted
under this section. It shall respond in writing, within 10 days after the hearing is held, to any specific objections
offered by a member of the public at the hearing.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.