Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 730. Management of Wild and Enhanced Stocks of Fish.
previous: Section 723
. Misdemeanor Commercial Fishing Penalties.
next: Section 735
. Management of Offshore Fisheries.
AS 16.05.730. Management of Wild and Enhanced Stocks of Fish.
- (a) Fish stocks in the state shall be managed consistent with sustained yield of wild fish stocks and may be managed
consistent with sustained yield of enhanced fish stocks.
- (b) In allocating enhanced fish stocks, the board shall consider the need of fish enhancement projects to obtain brood
stock. The board may direct the department to manage fisheries in the state to achieve an adequate return of fish from
enhanced stocks to enhancement projects for brood stock; however, management to achieve an adequate return of fish to
enhancement projects for brood stock shall be consistent with sustained yield of wild fish stocks.
- (c) The board may consider the need of enhancement projects authorized under AS 16.10.400
and contractors who operate state-owned enhancement projects under AS 16.10.480
to harvest and sell fish produced by the enhancement project that are not needed for brood stock to obtain funds for
the purposes allowed under AS 16.10.450
or 16.10.480(d). The board may exercise its authority
under this title as it considers necessary to direct the department to provide a reasonable harvest of fish, in
addition to the fish needed for brood stock, to an enhancement project to obtain funds for the enhancement project if
the harvest is consistent with sustained yield of wild fish stocks. The board may adopt a fishery management plan to
provide fish to an enhancement project to obtain funds for the purposes allowed under AS 16.10.450
- (d) In this section, "enhancement project" means a project, facility, or hatchery for the enhancement of fishery resources
of the state for which the department has issued a permit.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.