(a) Individuals, groups, nongroup entities, and political parties may make contributions to a candidate. An individual, group, or nongroup entity may make a contribution to a group, to a nongroup entity, or to a political party.
(b) A political party may contribute to a subordinate unit of the political party, and a subordinate unit of a political party may contribute to the political party of which it is a subordinate unit.
(c) Except for reports required by AS 15.13.040 and 15.13.110 and except for the requirements of AS 15.13.050, 15.13.060, and 15.13.112 — 15.13.114, the provisions of AS 15.13.010 — 15.13.116 do not apply to limit the authority of a person to make contributions to influence the outcome of a ballot proposition. In this subsection, in addition to its meaning in AS 15.80.010, “proposition” includes
(1) an issue placed on a ballot to determine whether
(A) a constitutional convention shall be called;
(B) a debt shall be contracted;
(C) an advisory question shall be approved or rejected; or
(D) a municipality shall be incorporated;
(2) an initiative proposal application filed with the lieutenant governor under AS 15.45.020.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 15.13.010. Applicability. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.020. Alaska Public Offices Commission.
- Sec. 15.13.030. Duties of the commission.
- Sec. 15.13.040. Contributions, expenditures, and supplying of services to be reported.
- Sec. 15.13.045. Investigations, hearings.
- Sec. 15.13.050. Registration before expenditure.
- Sec. 15.13.052. Independent expenditures; political activities accounts.
- Sec. 15.13.060. Campaign treasurers.
- Sec. 15.13.067. Who may make expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.069. Certain expenditures that comply with charitable gaming provisions permitted.
- Sec. 15.13.072. Restrictions on solicitation and acceptance of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.074. Prohibited contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.076. Authorized recipients of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.078. Contributions and loans from the candidate. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.082. Limitations on expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.084. Prohibited expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.086. Authorized makers of expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.090. Identification of communication.
- Sec. 15.13.095. False statements in telephone polling and calls to convince.
- Sec. 15.13.100. Expenditures before filing.
- Sec. 15.13.110. Filing of reports. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.112. Uses of campaign contributions held by candidate or group.
- Sec. 15.13.114. Disposition of prohibited contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.116. Disbursement of campaign assets after election. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.135. Independent expenditures for or against candidates.
- Sec. 15.13.140. Independent expenditures for or against ballot proposition or question. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.145. Money of the state and its political subdivisions.
- Sec. 15.13.150. Election educational activities not prohibited.
- Sec. 15.13.155. Restrictions on earned income and honoraria.
- Sec. 15.13.374. Advisory opinion.
- Sec. 15.13.380. Violations; limitations on actions.
- Sec. 15.13.385. Legal counsel.
- Sec. 15.13.390. Civil penalty; late filing of required reports.
- Sec. 15.13.400. Definitions.