(a) A candidate, group, or nongroup entity that receives and accepts a contribution given in violation of AS 15.13.072 or 15.13.074 shall immediately, upon discovery that the contribution is prohibited, return it to the contributor. A candidate, group, or nongroup entity that receives and accepts a contribution in excess of the limitation on contributions set out in AS 15.13.070 shall immediately, upon discovery of the prohibited excess contribution, return the excess to the contributor. If the contribution or excess amount cannot be returned in the same form, the equivalent value of the contribution or excess amount shall be returned.
(b) An anonymous contribution is forfeited to the state unless the contributor is identified within five days of its receipt. Money that forfeits to the state under this subsection shall be delivered immediately to the Department of Revenue for deposit in the general fund.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 15.13.010. Applicability. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.020. Alaska Public Offices Commission.
- Sec. 15.13.030. Duties of the commission.
- Sec. 15.13.040. Contributions, expenditures, and supplying of services to be reported.
- Sec. 15.13.045. Investigations, hearings.
- Sec. 15.13.050. Registration before expenditure.
- Sec. 15.13.052. Independent expenditures; political activities accounts.
- Sec. 15.13.060. Campaign treasurers.
- Sec. 15.13.065. Contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.067. Who may make expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.069. Certain expenditures that comply with charitable gaming provisions permitted.
- Sec. 15.13.072. Restrictions on solicitation and acceptance of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.074. Prohibited contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.076. Authorized recipients of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.078. Contributions and loans from the candidate. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.082. Limitations on expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.084. Prohibited expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.086. Authorized makers of expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.090. Identification of communication.
- Sec. 15.13.095. False statements in telephone polling and calls to convince.
- Sec. 15.13.100. Expenditures before filing.
- Sec. 15.13.110. Filing of reports. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.112. Uses of campaign contributions held by candidate or group.
- Sec. 15.13.116. Disbursement of campaign assets after election. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.135. Independent expenditures for or against candidates.
- Sec. 15.13.140. Independent expenditures for or against ballot proposition or question. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.145. Money of the state and its political subdivisions.
- Sec. 15.13.150. Election educational activities not prohibited.
- Sec. 15.13.155. Restrictions on earned income and honoraria.
- Sec. 15.13.374. Advisory opinion.
- Sec. 15.13.380. Violations; limitations on actions.
- Sec. 15.13.385. Legal counsel.
- Sec. 15.13.390. Civil penalty; late filing of required reports.
- Sec. 15.13.400. Definitions.