(a) Before making an expenditure in support of or in opposition to a candidate or before making an expenditure in support of or in opposition to a ballot proposition or question or to an initiative proposal application filed with the lieutenant governor under AS 15.45.020, each person other than an individual shall register, on forms provided by the commission, with the commission.
(b) If a group intends to support only one candidate or to contribute to or expend on behalf of one candidate 33 1/3 percent or more of its funds, the name of the candidate shall be a part of the name of the group. If the group intends to oppose only one candidate or to contribute its funds in opposition to or make expenditures in opposition to a candidate, the group’s name must clearly state that it opposes that candidate by using a word such as “opposes,” “opposing,” “in opposition to,” or “against” in the group’s name. Promptly upon receiving the registration, the commission shall notify the candidate of the group’s organization and intent. A candidate may register more than one group to support the candidate; however, multiple groups controlled by a single candidate shall be treated as a single group for purposes of the contribution limit in AS 15.13.070(b)(1).
(c) If a group intends to make more than 50 percent of its contributions or expenditures in support of or in opposition to a single initiative on the ballot, the title or common name of the initiative must be a part of the name of the group. If the group intends to make more than 50 percent of its contributions or expenditures in opposition to a single initiative on the ballot, the group’s name must clearly state that the group opposes that initiative by using a word such as “opposes,” “opposing,” “in opposition to,” or “against” in the group’s name.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 15.13.010. Applicability. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.020. Alaska Public Offices Commission.
- Sec. 15.13.030. Duties of the commission.
- Sec. 15.13.040. Contributions, expenditures, and supplying of services to be reported.
- Sec. 15.13.045. Investigations, hearings.
- Sec. 15.13.052. Independent expenditures; political activities accounts.
- Sec. 15.13.060. Campaign treasurers.
- Sec. 15.13.065. Contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.067. Who may make expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.069. Certain expenditures that comply with charitable gaming provisions permitted.
- Sec. 15.13.072. Restrictions on solicitation and acceptance of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.074. Prohibited contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.076. Authorized recipients of contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.078. Contributions and loans from the candidate. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.082. Limitations on expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.084. Prohibited expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.086. Authorized makers of expenditures.
- Sec. 15.13.090. Identification of communication.
- Sec. 15.13.095. False statements in telephone polling and calls to convince.
- Sec. 15.13.100. Expenditures before filing.
- Sec. 15.13.110. Filing of reports. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.112. Uses of campaign contributions held by candidate or group.
- Sec. 15.13.114. Disposition of prohibited contributions.
- Sec. 15.13.116. Disbursement of campaign assets after election. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.135. Independent expenditures for or against candidates.
- Sec. 15.13.140. Independent expenditures for or against ballot proposition or question. Repealed
- Sec. 15.13.145. Money of the state and its political subdivisions.
- Sec. 15.13.150. Election educational activities not prohibited.
- Sec. 15.13.155. Restrictions on earned income and honoraria.
- Sec. 15.13.374. Advisory opinion.
- Sec. 15.13.380. Violations; limitations on actions.
- Sec. 15.13.385. Legal counsel.
- Sec. 15.13.390. Civil penalty; late filing of required reports.
- Sec. 15.13.400. Definitions.