Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
- Section 45. Investigations, Hearings.
previous: Section 40
. Contributions, Expenditures, and Supplying of Services to Be Reported.
next: Section 50
. Registration Before Expenditure.
AS 15.13.045. Investigations, Hearings.
- (a) The commission may issue subpoenas, administer oaths, hold hearings, and conduct investigations.
- (b) In conjunction with (a) of this section, the commission may compel the attendance of witnesses and production of
papers, books, records, accounts, documents, and testimony, and may have the deposition of witnesses taken in a manner
prescribed by court rule or law for the taking of depositions in civil actions when consistent with the powers and
duties assigned to the commission by this chapter.
- (c) The commission may examine the papers, books, records, accounts, and documents of any person subject to this chapter
to ascertain the correctness of a report filed with the commission, or in conjunction with an investigation or
inspection conducted under (a) of this section.
- (d) Subpoenas may be issued and shall be served in the manner prescribed by AS 44.62.430
and court rule. The failure, refusal, or neglect to obey a subpoena is punishable as contempt in the manner prescribed
by law or court rule. The superior court may compel obedience to the commission's subpoena in the same manner as
prescribed for obedience to a subpoena issued by the court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.