- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 430. Subpoenas; Witness Fees.
previous: Section 420
. Form of Notice of Hearing.
next: Section 440
AS 44.62.430. Subpoenas; Witness Fees.
- (a) Before the hearing begins the agency shall issue subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum at the request of a party in
accordance with the rules of civil procedure. After the hearing begins the agency hearing a case or a hearing officer
sitting alone may issue subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum.
- (b) A subpoena issued under (a) of this section extends to all parts of the state and shall be served in accordance with
the rules of civil procedure. A witness is not obliged to attend at a place out of the house district in which the
witness resides unless the distance is less than 100 miles from the place of residence, except that the agency, upon
affidavit of a party showing that the testimony of the witness is material and necessary, may endorse on the subpoena
an order requiring the attendance of the witness.
- (c) A witness who is not a party and who appears under a subpoena is entitled to receive
- (1) fees as prescribed for a witness in court actions, unless the witness is an officer or employee of the state or a
political subdivision of the state;
- (2) reimbursement of transportation expenses in accordance with standards established by the Department of Administration
under AS 39.20.160, for required travel in excess of
30 miles round trip from the witness's residence; and
- (3) reimbursement of food and lodging expenses in accordance with standards established by the Department of
Administration under AS 39.20.160 for each day of
actual attendance and for each day of reasonable and necessary travel to and from the place of the hearing if the
witness attends a hearing or deposition at a point so distant from the residence of the witness that a return to the
residence from day to day is not practicable.
- (d) Fees, transportation expenses, and food and lodging expenses shall be paid by the party at whose request the witness
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.