Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 172. Communication Not Prohibited.
previous: Section 171
. Prohibited Actions.
next: Section 174
. Compliance with Federal Education Law.
AS 14.30.172. Communication Not Prohibited.
- (a) Nothing in AS 14.30.171 may be construed to prohibit school personnel from
- (1) consulting or sharing classroom-based observations with parents or guardians regarding a student's academic
and functional performance, behavior in the classroom or school, or the need for evaluation for special education or related services as
long as school personnel do not make an assertion or recommendation that violates AS 14.30.171 ; or
- (2) exercising their authority relating to the placement within the school or readmission of a child who may be
or has been suspended or expelled for a violation of a school disciplinary and safety program adopted under AS 14.03.160 , AS 14.30.045 , or AS 14.33.110 - 14.33.140.
- (b) Nothing in AS 14.30.171 may be construed to prevent teachers or other school personnel
from complying with the requirements of AS 47.17.020 (a) or (b) or from filing a report to authorities if a child
poses a serious and imminent risk to the child's or another person's safety.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.