Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 171. Prohibited Actions.
previous: Section 141
. Self-administration and Documentation of Medication.
next: Section 172
. Communication Not Prohibited.
AS 14.30.171. Prohibited Actions.
- (a) Except as provided in AS 14.30.172 - 14.30.176, school personnel may not, unless otherwise
authorized by law or a specific policy adopted by a governing body of a school district,
- (1) recommend to a parent or guardian that a child take or continue to take a psychotropic drug as a
condition for attending a public school;
- (2) require that a child take or continue to take a psychotropic drug as a condition for attending a public
school, except when, in the opinion of the child's treating physician,
- (A) the medication is necessary for the mental health of the child; or
- (B) the child poses a risk of harm to self or others without the medication;
- (3) conduct a psychiatric evaluation of a child;
- (4) recommend a specific licensed physician, psychologist, or other health specialist to a parent or guardian
for a child; or
- (5) recommend that a parent or guardian seek or use for a child
- (A) a psychotropic medication; or
- (B) a psychiatric or psychological treatment.
- (b) As used in this section, "school personnel" means persons employed by a public school or school district to
work in a public school, except for a person who holds a special services type C certificate issued under AS 14.20 that qualifies the person to be employed to provide related services to students,
as described in regulations adopted by the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.