Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 45. Grounds For Suspension or Denial of Admission.
previous: Section 40
. Extension of Provisions to United States Public Schools For Aborigines. [Repealed, Sec. 59 Ch 98 SLA 1966].
next: Section 47
. Admission or Readmission When Cause No Longer Exists.
AS 14.30.045. Grounds For Suspension or Denial of Admission.
A school age child may be suspended from or denied admission to the public school that the child is otherwise entitled
to attend only for the following causes:
- (1) continued wilful disobedience or open and persistent defiance of reasonable school authority;
- (2) behavior that is inimicable to the welfare, safety, or morals of other pupils or a person employed or volunteering at
- (3) a physical or mental condition that in the opinion of a competent medical authority will render the child unable to
reasonably benefit from the programs available;
- (4) a physical or mental condition that in the opinion of a competent medical authority will cause the attendance of the
child to be inimicable to the welfare of other pupils;
- (5) conviction of a felony that the governing body of the district determines will cause the attendance of the child to be
inimicable to the welfare or education of other pupils.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.