Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 174. Compliance with Federal Education Law.
previous: Section 172
. Communication Not Prohibited.
next: Section 176
. List of Community Resources.
AS 14.30.174. Compliance with Federal Education Law.
- (a) Notwithstanding AS 14.30.171 (a)(3) and (5), a behavioral or mental health professional
working within a public school system may, in compliance with federal education law or applicable state law,
- (1) recommend, but not require, a psychiatric or behavioral health evaluation of a child; and
- (2) recommend, but not require, psychiatric, psychological, or behavioral treatment for a child.
- (b) In this section,
- (1) "behavioral health professional" means a person who has a master's degree in psychology, social work,
counseling, or a related field with specialization or experience in working with children experiencing behavioral, physical, and
emotional disabilities, and is working within the scope of the person's training and experience;
- (2) "federal education law" means 20 U.S.C. 1400 - 1487 (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act),
20 U.S.C. 7101 - 7143 (Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act of 1994), 29 U.S.C. 794 (nondiscrimination under federal grants
and programs), and 42 U.S.C. 12101 - 12213 (equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities);
- (3) "mental health professional" has the meaning given in AS 47.30.915.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.