Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 71. Dispensing Opticians
- Section 240. Definitions.
previous: Section 230
. Exemptions From and Limitations On the Application of This Chapter.
next: Chapter 72
AS 08.71.240. Definitions.
In this chapter
- (1) "board" means the Board of Dispensing Opticians;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (3) "dispensing optician" means a person who, on written prescription from a licensed physician or optometrist, prepares
and dispenses to the intended wearer or person who writes the prescription, original or duplicate lenses, eyeglasses,
contact lenses, and appurtenances to them, and interprets, measures, adapts, fits, and adjusts lenses, eyeglasses,
contact lenses, and appurtenances to them in accordance with the written prescription, to the face for the aid or
correction of visual or ocular anomalies of the human eye;
- (4) "supervision" means the provision of any needed direction, control, consultation, instruction, evaluation, and
personal inspection of work being performed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.