Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 71. Dispensing Opticians
- Section 230. Exemptions From and Limitations On the Application of This Chapter.
previous: Section 220
. Persons Practicing as Dispensing Opticians Before July 1, 1973. [Repealed, Sec. 30 Ch 6 SLA 1984].
next: Section 240
AS 08.71.230. Exemptions From and Limitations On the Application of This Chapter.
This chapter may not be construed to
- (1) limit or restrict a licensed physician or optometrist from the practices enumerated in this chapter, and each licensed
physician and optometrist has all the rights and privileges which may accrue under this chapter to dispensing opticians
licensed under it;
- (2) prohibit an unlicensed person from performing mechanical work upon inert matter in an optical office, laboratory or
- (3) prohibit an unlicensed person from engaging in the sale of eyeglasses, spectacles, magnifying glasses, goggles,
sunglasses, telescopes, binoculars, or any like articles which are completely preassembled and sold only as
- (4) authorize or permit a licensee under this chapter to hold out as being able to, or to offer to, or to attempt by any
means, to refract or exercise eyes, diagnose, treat, correct, relieve, operate or prescribe for any human ailment,
deficiency, deformity, disease or injury.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.