(a) An assisted living home, including staff of the home, may not
(1) deprive a resident of the home of the rights, benefits, or privileges guaranteed to the resident by law;
(2) enter a resident’s room without first obtaining permission, except
(A) during regular, previously announced, fire, sanitation, or other licensing inspections;
(B) when a condition or situation presents an imminent danger;
(C) as required by the resident’s assisted living plan to provide services specified in the residential services contract; or
(D) for other vital health or safety reasons;
(3) impose religious beliefs or practices upon a resident or require a resident to attend religious services;
(4) place a resident under physical restraint unless the resident’s own actions present an imminent danger to the resident or others;
(5) place a resident under chemical restraint; this paragraph does not prevent a resident from voluntarily taking tranquilizers, or other medication, prescribed by a licensed physician;
(6) compel a resident to perform services for the home, except as contracted for by the resident and the home or as provided for in the resident’s assisted living plan; or
(7) restrain, interfere with, coerce, discriminate against, or retaliate against a resident for asserting a right specified by this chapter or by other law.
(b) An assisted living home may not physically restrain a resident unless the home has a written physical restraint procedure that has been approved by the licensing agency. The home shall terminate the physical restraint as soon as the resident no longer presents an imminent danger.
(c) An owner, administrator, employee, or agent of an assisted living home may not act as a representative of a resident.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 47.33.005. Purpose.
- Sec. 47.33.010. Applicability.
- Sec. 47.33.020. Health-related services allowed in assisted living homes.
- Sec. 47.33.030. Advance payments.
- Sec. 47.33.040. Residents’ money.
- Sec. 47.33.050. Temporary absence.
- Sec. 47.33.060. House rules.
- Sec. 47.33.070. Resident files.
- Sec. 47.33.080. Closure or relocation; change of mailing address.
- Sec. 47.33.090. Rate increase.
- Sec. 47.33.100. Criminal background check for employees. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.200. Commencement of residency.
- Sec. 47.33.210. Residential services contracts.
- Sec. 47.33.220. Assisted living plan required.
- Sec. 47.33.230. Assisted living plan contents; distribution.
- Sec. 47.33.240. Evaluation of assisted living plan.
- Sec. 47.33.300. Residents’ rights.
- Sec. 47.33.310. Notice of rights.
- Sec. 47.33.320. Access to assisted living home.
- Sec. 47.33.340. Resident grievance procedure.
- Sec. 47.33.350. Retaliation against home resident.
- Sec. 47.33.360. Involuntary termination of contract.
- Secs. 47.33.400 , 47.33.410. License required; Licensing agency. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.420. Standard forms.
- Sec. 47.33.430. Authority of state agencies to impose additional requirements. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.500 — 47.33.570. Complaint; Immunity; Investigation; Notice of violation; Report of compliance; Administrative sanctions; Administrative procedures; Criminal penalty. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.910 , 47.33.920. Fees; Regulations. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.990. Definitions.