(a) An assisted living home may establish house rules, subject to the limitations provided for under this chapter.
(b) An assisted living home shall give a copy of the house rules to a prospective resident or the prospective resident’s representative before the prospective resident enters into a residential services contract with the home, and shall post the house rules in a conspicuous place in the home.
(c) House rules may address various issues, including
(1) times and frequency of use of the telephone;
(2) hours for viewing and volume for listening to television, radio, and other electronic equipment that could disturb other residents;
(4) movement of residents in and out of the home;
(5) use of personal property;
(6) use of tobacco and alcohol; and
(7) physical, verbal, or other abuse of other residents or staff.
(d) An assisted living home may not adopt a house rule that unreasonably restricts a right of a resident provided for under this chapter or under any other provision of law.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 47.33.005. Purpose.
- Sec. 47.33.010. Applicability.
- Sec. 47.33.020. Health-related services allowed in assisted living homes.
- Sec. 47.33.030. Advance payments.
- Sec. 47.33.040. Residents’ money.
- Sec. 47.33.050. Temporary absence.
- Sec. 47.33.070. Resident files.
- Sec. 47.33.080. Closure or relocation; change of mailing address.
- Sec. 47.33.090. Rate increase.
- Sec. 47.33.100. Criminal background check for employees. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.200. Commencement of residency.
- Sec. 47.33.210. Residential services contracts.
- Sec. 47.33.220. Assisted living plan required.
- Sec. 47.33.230. Assisted living plan contents; distribution.
- Sec. 47.33.240. Evaluation of assisted living plan.
- Sec. 47.33.300. Residents’ rights.
- Sec. 47.33.310. Notice of rights.
- Sec. 47.33.320. Access to assisted living home.
- Sec. 47.33.330. Prohibitions.
- Sec. 47.33.340. Resident grievance procedure.
- Sec. 47.33.350. Retaliation against home resident.
- Sec. 47.33.360. Involuntary termination of contract.
- Secs. 47.33.400 , 47.33.410. License required; Licensing agency. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.420. Standard forms.
- Sec. 47.33.430. Authority of state agencies to impose additional requirements. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.500 — 47.33.570. Complaint; Immunity; Investigation; Notice of violation; Report of compliance; Administrative sanctions; Administrative procedures; Criminal penalty. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.910 , 47.33.920. Fees; Regulations. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.990. Definitions.