(a) Except for advance payments under AS 47.33.030, an assisted living home may not require a resident of the home to deposit with the home money that belongs to the resident. The provisions of (b) of this section do not apply to money that constitutes an advance payment under AS 47.33.030.
(b) An assisted living home may accept, for safekeeping and management, money that belongs to a resident. The home shall establish a written policy for the management of such money and shall act in a fiduciary capacity with respect to that money, in accordance with regulations adopted by the licensing agency. A home is not required to accept money that belongs to a resident.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 47.33.005. Purpose.
- Sec. 47.33.010. Applicability.
- Sec. 47.33.020. Health-related services allowed in assisted living homes.
- Sec. 47.33.030. Advance payments.
- Sec. 47.33.050. Temporary absence.
- Sec. 47.33.060. House rules.
- Sec. 47.33.070. Resident files.
- Sec. 47.33.080. Closure or relocation; change of mailing address.
- Sec. 47.33.090. Rate increase.
- Sec. 47.33.100. Criminal background check for employees. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.200. Commencement of residency.
- Sec. 47.33.210. Residential services contracts.
- Sec. 47.33.220. Assisted living plan required.
- Sec. 47.33.230. Assisted living plan contents; distribution.
- Sec. 47.33.240. Evaluation of assisted living plan.
- Sec. 47.33.300. Residents’ rights.
- Sec. 47.33.310. Notice of rights.
- Sec. 47.33.320. Access to assisted living home.
- Sec. 47.33.330. Prohibitions.
- Sec. 47.33.340. Resident grievance procedure.
- Sec. 47.33.350. Retaliation against home resident.
- Sec. 47.33.360. Involuntary termination of contract.
- Secs. 47.33.400 , 47.33.410. License required; Licensing agency. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.420. Standard forms.
- Sec. 47.33.430. Authority of state agencies to impose additional requirements. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.500 — 47.33.570. Complaint; Immunity; Investigation; Notice of violation; Report of compliance; Administrative sanctions; Administrative procedures; Criminal penalty. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Secs. 47.33.910 , 47.33.920. Fees; Regulations. [Repealed, § 49 ch 57 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.33.990. Definitions.