- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 33. Assisted Living Homes
- Section 30. Advance Payments.
previous: Section 20
. Health-Related Services Allowed in Assisted Living Homes.
next: Section 40
. Residents' Money.
AS 47.33.030. Advance Payments.
- (a) An assisted living home may not require a resident or prospective resident of the home or a resident or prospective
resident's representative, to make an advance payment to the home except as security for performance of the contract or
as advance rent for the immediately following rental period as the rental period is defined in the contract. If a home
requires a resident or prospective resident to make an advance payment for security or as advance rent,
- (1) the home shall promptly deposit the money in a designated trust account in a financial institution, separate from
other money and property of the home;
- (2) the home may not represent on a financial statement that the advance payment money is part of the assets of the home;
- (3) the advance payment money may be used only for the account of the resident;
- (4) the home shall notify the resident or the resident's representative, in writing, of the name and address of the
depository in which the advance payment money is being held; and
- (5) the home shall provide to the resident or the resident's representative the terms and conditions under which the
advance payment money may be withheld by the home.
- (b) An assisted living home shall establish a written policy for the refund of unused advance payments in the event of
termination of a residential services contract or death of a resident. The policy must provide that a resident is
entitled to a prorated refund of the unused portion of an advance payment, less reasonable charges for damages to the
home resulting from other than normal use.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.