- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 460. Award, Reduction, Termination, and Appeal.
previous: Section 455
. Interim Assistance.
next: Section 470
. Payment When Recipient Incapacitated.
AS 47.25.460. Award, Reduction, Termination, and Appeal.
- (a) Upon completion of the investigation, the department shall promptly decide whether the applicant is eligible for and
should receive adult public assistance, the amount of it, the manner of paying it, and the date on which it starts.
The department may make additional investigation that it considers necessary and shall make its decision as to the
granting of assistance and the amount and nature of assistance as is justified and in conformity with AS 47.25.430
- 47.25.615. The department shall notify the
applicant of its decision in writing.
- (b) Assistance under AS 47.25.430
- 47.25.615 is subject to review. If a recipient of
adult public assistance or the spouse of a recipient with whom the recipient is living acquires nonexempt property
exceeding resource limitations, or income sufficient to maintain the recipient properly, then the assistance granted to
the recipient shall either be terminated or reduced to an amount reflecting the reduced need as determined by the
department in accordance with applicable regulations. Upon review, the department may, after having provided
opportunity for a hearing under (c) of this section, change the assistance granted or terminate it entirely if it finds
that the circumstances are changed sufficiently to warrant this action.
- (c) A recipient whose award is proposed to be modified or terminated, or an applicant whose application is denied by the
department, shall be granted an opportunity for a hearing before a representative of the department appointed for that
purpose. The hearing shall be held promptly after a request for hearing is made. The hearing shall be conducted in
accordance with regulations adopted by the department.
- (d) Each award shall be paid on a monthly basis. In case it is impracticable by reason of slow or interrupted means of
communication for a disbursement covering a month's assistance to reach the recipient in due course, the department may
transmit disbursements covering assistance for future months and may deliver all of them to the recipient at one time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.