- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 455. Interim Assistance.
previous: Section 450
. Investigation of Applicant.
next: Section 460
. Award, Reduction, Termination, and Appeal.
AS 47.25.455. Interim Assistance.
- (a) The department shall pay at least $280 a month to a person eligible for assistance under this chapter while the
eligibility of the person for benefits under 42 U.S.C. 1381 - 1385 (Title XVI, Social Security Act, Supplemental
Security Income Program,) is being determined. Payments in excess of $280 a month may be made under this section if
the department determines that money is available for excess payments.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, the department may not make monthly payments in excess of the total amount of
state and federal monthly payments to which the person would be entitled if the person is determined to be eligible for
benefits under 42 U.S.C. 1381 - 1385.
- (c) A person applying for assistance under this section shall, as a condition of eligibility for assistance, agree to
repay the state for assistance granted upon the person's receipt of a benefit under 42 U.S.C. 1381 - 1383 for a month
in which the person received interim assistance under this section. The monthly repayment required by this subsection
may not exceed the amount of assistance that the person received under 42 U.S.C. 1381 - 1383 for that month.
- (d) Beginning the first full month after a person is determined to be eligible for assistance under 42 U.S.C. 1381 - 1383,
the department shall terminate interim assistance to that person under this section and begin payments to the person
under AS 47.25.430
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.