- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 615. Definitions.
previous: Section 610
. Penalty For Violations.
next: Section 620
. - 47.25.970l Aid to the Blind and Permanently and Totally Disabled. [Repealed, Sec. 30 Ch 138 SLA 1982].
AS 47.25.615. Definitions.
In AS 47.25.430
- (1) "aged" means 65 or more years of age;
- (2) "assistance" means money payments to or medical care on behalf of, or any type of remedial care recognized by the
department on behalf of, needy aged, blind, or disabled persons who are 18 or more years of age and residents of the
- (3) "blind" means having no vision or having vision that is so defective as to prevent the performance of ordinary
activities for which eyesight is essential;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (5) "disabled" means being unable to engage in substantial gainful activity by reason of a medically determinable physical
or mental impairment that can be expected to result in death or that has lasted or can be expected to last for a
continuous period of not less than 12 months;
- (6) "public institution" means a governmentally owned establishment that furnishes food, shelter, and some additional
treatment or services to 16 or more persons;
- (7) "public medical institution" means a public hospital or a public institution providing medical care, except an
institution for the treatment of mental disease.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.