- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 39. Coastal Management Administration
- Section 40. Duties of the Department.
previous: Section 30
. Powers of the Department.
next: Section 50
. Council Staff. [Repealed, Sec. 44 Ch 24 SLA 2003].
AS 46.39.040. Duties of the Department.
In conformity with 16 U.S.C. 1451 - 1464 (Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972), as amended, the department shall
- (1) develop statewide standards for the Alaska coastal management program, and criteria for the preparation and approval
of district coastal management plans in accordance with AS 46.40;
- (2) establish continuing coordination among state agencies to facilitate the development and implementation of the Alaska
coastal management program; in carrying out its duties under this paragraph, the department shall initiate an
interagency program of comprehensive coastal resource planning for each geographic region of the state;
- (3) assure continued provision of data and information to coastal resource districts to carry out their planning and
management functions under the program.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.