- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 810. Air and Land Nuisances.
previous: Section 800
. Water Nuisances.
next: Section 820
. Emergency Powers.
AS 46.03.810. Air and Land Nuisances.
- (a) A person is guilty of creating or maintaining a nuisance if the person
- (1) places or deposits upon a lot, street, beach, or premises, or upon or anywhere within 200 feet of a public highway,
any garbage, offal, dead animals, or any other matter or thing that would be obnoxious or cause the spread of disease
or in any way endanger the health of the community;
- (2) allows to be placed or deposited upon any premises owned by the person or under the person's control garbage, offal,
dead animals, or any other matter or thing that would be obnoxious or offensive to the public or that would produce,
aggravate, or cause the spread of disease or in any way endanger the health of the community.
- (b) A person who neglects or refuses to abate the nuisance upon order of an officer of the Department of Environmental
Conservation is guilty of a misdemeanor and is punishable as provided in AS 46.03.790
. In addition to this punishment, the court shall assess damages against the defendant for the expenses of abating the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.