- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 800. Water Nuisances.
previous: Section 790
. Criminal Penalties.
next: Section 810
. Air and Land Nuisances.
AS 46.03.800. Water Nuisances.
- (a) A person is guilty of creating or maintaining a nuisance if the person puts a dead animal carcass, or part of one,
excrement, or a putrid, nauseous, noisome, decaying, deleterious, or offensive substance into, or in any other manner
befouls, pollutes, or impairs the quality of, a spring, brook, creek, branch, well, or pond of water that is or may be
used for domestic purposes.
- (b) A person who neglects or refuses to abate the nuisance upon order of the department is guilty of a misdemeanor and is
punishable as provided in AS 46.03.790
. In addition to this punishment, the court shall assess damages against the defendant for the expenses of abating the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.