- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 21. Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Section 300. Declaration of Purpose.
previous: Section 189
. Additions to Park.
next: Section 302
. Management of Marine Parks.
AS 41.21.300. Declaration of Purpose.
- (a) The purpose of AS 41.21.300
- 41.21.306 is to establish, subject to valid
existing rights, the state-owned or acquired land and water described in AS 41.21.304
as marine park units of the Alaska state park system. The primary purposes in establishing the land and water areas
described in AS 41.21.304
as marine park units of the Alaska state park system are to
- (1) maintain natural, cultural, and scenic values;
- (2) maintain fish and wildlife resources and lawful existing uses of these resources;
- (3) promote and support recreation and tourism in the state.
- (b) The land and water described in AS 41.21.304
is dedicated as special purpose sites under art. VIII, Sec. 7 of the state constitution.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.