- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 5. Wages and Hours of Labor
- Section 30. Authority.
previous: Section 20
. Basis For Determining Wage.
next: Section 35
. Notification of Contract Awards.
AS 36.05.030. Authority.
- (a) The Department of Labor and Workforce Development has the authority to determine the prevailing wage, and whether or
not this chapter is being violated. The department may when necessary for the enforcement of this chapter
- (1) conduct investigations and hold hearings concerning wages;
- (2) compel the attendance of witnesses and the production of books, papers, and documents;
- (3) adopt regulations.
- (b) If a person violates this chapter the attorney general shall, when requested by the Department of Labor and Workforce
Development, enforce these provisions.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.