(a) The agency shall assert a lien upon the real or personal property of the obligor in the amount of the obligor’s liability if an arrearage occurs under a support order being enforced by the agency.
(b) A lien recorded under this section has no effect against earnings, or bank deposits or balances, unless it states the amount of the obligor’s liability under this chapter and unless the lien is served in accordance with AS 25.27.240.
(c) The lien shall attach to all real and personal property of the obligor and be effective on the date of recording of the lien with the recorder of the recording district in which the property attached is located. A lien against earnings shall attach and be effective upon filing with the recorder of the recording district in which the employer does business or maintains an office or agent for the purpose of doing business. A lien filed at the offices of the Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission in Juneau against a limited entry permit issued under AS 16.43 is considered to have been filed against the permit in all recording districts in which the permit holder uses the permit.
(d) Whenever a lien has been recorded under this section and there is in the possession of any person, political subdivision, or department of the state having actual notice of the lien any property that may be subject to the lien, that property may not be paid over, released, sold, transferred, encumbered, or conveyed unless
(1) a written release or waiver signed by a representative of the agency has been delivered to the person, political subdivision, or department of the state; or
(2) a decision has been made in a hearing held under AS 25.27.170 or by a superior court ordering release of the lien on the grounds that no debt exists or that the debt has been satisfied.
(e) A lien arising in another state under the child support laws of that state shall be given full faith and credit in this state. The lien may be asserted in this state upon the real or personal property of the obligor in the amount of the obligor’s liability by complying with the requirements of this section.
(f) A lien recorded under this section is a judgment lien and may be enforced by execution under AS 09.35 in the full amount of the obligor’s liability at the time of execution.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 25.27.010. Creation of child support services agency.
- Sec. 25.27.020. Duties and responsibilities of the agency.
- Sec. 25.27.022. Establishment and enforcement requests from other states.
- Sec. 25.27.025. Rate of interest.
- Sec. 25.27.030. Establishment of fund.
- Sec. 25.27.040. Determination of paternity.
- Sec. 25.27.045. Determination of support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.050. Legal assistance.
- Sec. 25.27.060. Order of support. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.062. Income withholding order for support.
- Sec. 25.27.065. Waiver of child support.
- Sec. 25.27.070. Order to assign wages for support.
- Sec. 25.27.075. Employment information.
- Sec. 25.27.080. Enforcement of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.085. Subpoenas.
- Sec. 25.27.095. Agency exempt from execution.
- Sec. 25.27.100. All persons may use agency. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.103. Payments to agency.
- Sec. 25.27.105. Audit of collections.
- Sec. 25.27.107. Certification of arrears. Renumbered
- Sec. 25.27.120. Obligor liable for public assistance furnished obligee.
- Sec. 25.27.125. Accounting and disposition of federal receipts and agency collections.
- Sec. 25.27.130. Subrogation of state.
- Sec. 25.27.135. Limitation on actions to establish child support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.140. Authority and procedures to administratively establish and enforce support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.150. Initiation of administrative enforcement of orders; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.160. Initiation of administrative action to establish support duty; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.165. Determination of paternity in an administrative proceeding.
- Sec. 25.27.167. Contempt of order for genetic testing.
- Sec. 25.27.170. Hearings in administrative action to establish support duty.
- Sec. 25.27.180. Administrative findings and decision.
- Sec. 25.27.190. Modification of administrative finding or decision.
- Sec. 25.27.193. Periodic review or adjustment of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.195. Relief from administrative order.
- Sec. 25.27.200. Use of standards in administrative determinations of support amounts.
- Sec. 25.27.210. Judicial review of administrative decisions and actions.
- Sec. 25.27.220. Procedure in judicial reviews.
- Sec. 25.27.225. Support payment obligations as judgments.
- Sec. 25.27.227. Nature of remedies.
- Sec. 25.27.240. Service of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.244. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s occupational license.
- Sec. 25.27.246. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s driver’s license.
- Sec. 25.27.250. Order to withhold and deliver. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.253. Earnings subject to an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.255. Disposition of payments under income withholding orders. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.260. Civil liability upon failure to comply with an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.265. Method of service; notification of change of address.
- Sec. 25.27.270. Judicial relief from administrative execution.
- Sec. 25.27.273. Reporting of payment information concerning delinquent obligors.
- Sec. 25.27.275. Nondisclosure of information in exceptional circumstances.
- Sec. 25.27.278. Payments not disbursed.
- Sec. 25.27.280. Severability: Alternative when method of notification held invalid.
- Sec. 25.27.300. Requests pertaining to remarriage.
- Sec. 25.27.320. Interest on agency return of certain overpayments.
- Sec. 25.27.900. Definitions.