Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 14. Local Administration of Schools
- Section 110. Cooperation With Other Districts.
previous: Section 107
. Sick Leave and Sick Leave Transfer.
next: Section 115
. Cooperative Arrangement Grant Program For School Districts.
AS 14.14.110. Cooperation With Other Districts.
- (a) When necessary to provide more efficient or more economical educational services, a district may cooperate or the
department may require a district to cooperate with other districts, state-operated schools, or the Bureau of Indian
Affairs in providing educational or administrative services. However, if a cooperative arrangement requires pupils to
live away from their usual homes, the school board shall provide classes within the attendance area when there are at
least eight children eligible to attend elementary and secondary school in the attendance area. In this subsection
- (1) "administrative services" includes supervisory, maintenance, purchasing, or other services that are required for
unified administration; and
- (2) "educational services" includes boarding and tuition arrangements, pupil or teacher exchanges, special education
services, or curriculum development.
- (b) The department may prescribe the terms and conditions of any contract entered into under (a) of this section.
- (c) A contract for the operation of schools on military reservations by a city or borough school district under AS 14.12.020
(a) and in (a) of this section must include, in addition to the terms and conditions prescribed by the department under
(b) of this section, provisions for the following:
- (1) the educational program provided by the school district in the schools on the military reservation shall be comparable
to the program provided by the school district in its nonmilitary reservation schools; and
- (2) the school district shall be fully reimbursed for the cost of operation of the schools on a military reservation.
- (d) The department shall annually prepare a report on the cooperative arrangements entered into under (a) of this section,
and shall include in the report the estimated cost savings resulting from the cooperative arrangements. The department
shall notify the legislature that the report is available.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.