Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 12. Organization and Government of School System
- Section 20. Support, Management, and Control in General; Military Reservation Schools.
previous: Section 10
. Districts of State Public School System.
next: Section 25
. New School Districts.
AS 14.12.020. Support, Management, and Control in General; Military Reservation Schools.
- (a) Each regional educational attendance area shall be operated on an areawide basis under the management and control of a
regional school board. The regional school board manages and controls schools on military reservations within its
regional educational attendance area until the military mission is terminated or so long as management and control by
the regional educational attendance area is approved by the department. However, operation of the military reservation
schools by a city or borough school district may be required by the department under AS 14.14.110
. If the military mission of a military reservation terminates or continued management and control by the regional
educational attendance area is disapproved by the department, operation, management, and control of schools on the
military reservation transfers to the city or borough school district in which the military reservation is located.
- (b) Each borough or city school district shall be operated on a district-wide basis under the management and control of a
- (c) The legislature shall provide the state money necessary to maintain and operate the regional educational attendance
areas. The borough assembly for a borough school district, and the city council for a city school district, shall
provide the money that must be raised from local sources to maintain and operate the district.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.