Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 37. Lie-Detector Tests.
previous: Section 35
. Limit of Application.
next: Section 40
. Payment of Wages in State.
AS 23.10.037. Lie-Detector Tests.
- (a) A person either personally or through an agent or representative may not request or suggest to an employee of the
person or to an applicant for employment by the person or require as a condition of employment that the employee or
applicant submit to an examination in which a polygraph or other lie-detecting device is used.
- (b) The provisions of (a) of this section do not apply to the state or a political subdivision of the state when dealing
with police officers in its employ or with persons applying to be employed as police officers. In this subsection,
"police officers" includes officers and employees of the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities who are
stationed at an international airport and have been designated to have the general police powers authorized under AS 02.15.230
- (c) In this section "person" includes the state and a political subdivision of the state.
- (d) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction is punishable by a fine of not more
than $1,000, or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by both.
Article 02. PAYMENT OF WAGES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.