Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 40. Payment of Wages in State.
previous: Section 37
. Lie-Detector Tests.
next: Section 43
. Deposit of Wages.
AS 23.10.040. Payment of Wages in State.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided by AS 37.25.050, an employer of labor performing services in this state shall pay the wages or other compensation for the services with
lawful money of the United States or with negotiable checks, drafts, or orders payable upon presentation without
discount by a bank or depository inside the state.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 2 ch 28 SLA 1971].
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 2 ch 28 SLA 1971].
- (d) A person who violates a provision of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.