Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "commission" means the Regulatory Commission of Alaska;
(2) repealed 9/16/2005;
(3) "geographically averaged rates" means rates that use the same tariff provisions and rate schedules to apply to all message telephone service communications of the same distance, regardless of the originating and terminating points of the communication;
(4) "incumbent carrier" means the telephone utility, or its successor, certificated in commission Docket U-69-24 to provide intrastate interexchange telephone service; "incumbent carrier" does not include an incumbent local exchange carrier;
(5) "interexchange carrier" means a carrier certificated or registered to provide intrastate interexchange telephone service;
(6) "local exchange carrier" means a local exchange telephone utility certificated to provide local exchange telephone service;
(7) repealed 9/1/2002;
(8) repealed 9/16/2005;
(9) "bona fide request" means a good-faith written request by a certificated or registered intrastate interexchange carrier;
(10) repealed 9/16/2005;
(11) "1-plus" means a system of dialing in which the calling party dials the prefix "1" before the telephone number for an interexchange call;
(12) "unbundled rate element" means a rate for a service that is priced separately from other services and allows a customer a reasonable opportunity to purchase a desired service without an obligation to purchase unwanted services;
(13) "affiliated interest" has the meaning given in AS 42.05.990 ;
(14) "alternate operator service" has the meaning given in AS 42.05.325 (c);
(15) "incumbent local exchange carrier" means the telephone utility, or its successor, certificated to provide local exchange telephone service within its service area as of February 8, 1996.
(16) "bundled service" means an offering combining two or more services, one of which is intrastate interexchange service, for a package price that may include a discount or some other benefit; "bundled service" does not include a combination of intrastate interexchange service offerings at a package price.
(17) "affiliate" has the meaning given "affiliated interest" in AS 42.05.990 ;
(18) "control" by a carrier refers to the ability of the carrier or its affiliate to direct the use of facilities regardless of whether the carrier directly owns the facilities.
History: Eff. 3/16/91, Register 117; am 9/1/2002, Register 163; am 5/18/2003, Register 166; am 4/24/2004, Register 170; am 8/27/2004, Register 171; am 9/16/2005, Register 175
Authority: AS 42.05.141
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006