(a) In the Department of Law a particular attorney, called the regulations attorney, shall be assigned, as the attorney’s primary responsibility, the functions relating to the handling of administrative regulations.
(b) The department shall
(1) advise all state administrative agencies of the nature and use of administrative regulations;
(2) alert the agencies to statutes that need to be implemented, interpreted, or made clear by regulation;
(3) continually review the regulations, make recommendations to the respective agencies concerning deficiencies, conflicts, and obsolete provisions in and the need for reorganization or revision of the regulations, and prepare regulations to be adopted by the agencies, correcting or removing the deficiencies, conflicts, and obsolete provisions;
(4) work with all administrative agencies possessing regulation-making power in drafting all new regulations, advising the agencies of legal problems encountered, and ensuring compliance with the drafting manual for administrative regulations prepared by the Department of Law under AS 44.62.050;
(5) assist the agencies in holding public hearings under AS 44.62.210;
(6) to the extent necessary after regulations have been filed by the lieutenant governor, edit and revise them for consolidation into the Alaska Administrative Code in the manner provided for the revisor of statutes under AS 01.05.031;
(7) draft bills for consideration by the governor to transfer matter that should be statutory law from the Alaska Administrative Code to the Alaska Statutes and to clarify agency regulatory power when clarification is needed.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 44.62.010. Application to State Organization Act of 1959.
- Sec. 44.62.020. Authority to adopt, administer, or enforce regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.030. Consistency between regulation and statute.
- Sec. 44.62.040. Submitting regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.050. Style and forms.
- Sec. 44.62.060. Preparation and filing.
- Sec. 44.62.070. Fees.
- Sec. 44.62.080. Endorsement and filing.
- Sec. 44.62.090. Filing with local government unit clerks. [Repealed, § 2 ch 57 SLA 1969.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.100. Presumptions from filing.
- Sec. 44.62.110. Presumptions from publication.
- Sec. 44.62.120. Voluntary submitting and publication.
- Sec. 44.62.130. Codification and publication.
- Sec. 44.62.140. Distribution of code and register.
- Sec. 44.62.150. Price. [Repealed, § 49 ch 127 SLA 1974.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.160. Date and content of register.
- Sec. 44.62.170. Form of publication. [Repealed, § 2 ch 57 SLA 1969.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.175. Alaska Online Public Notice System.
- Sec. 44.62.180. Effective date.
- Sec. 44.62.190. Notice of proposed action.
- Sec. 44.62.195. Fiscal notes on regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.200. Contents of notice.
- Sec. 44.62.210. Public proceedings.
- Sec. 44.62.213. Agency contact with the public.
- Sec. 44.62.215. Record of public comment.
- Sec. 44.62.218. Regulations affecting small businesses. [Repealed, § 2 ch 91 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.220. Right to petition.
- Sec. 44.62.230. Procedure on petition.
- Sec. 44.62.240. Limitation on retroactive action.
- Sec. 44.62.245. Material incorporated by reference.
- Sec. 44.62.250. Emergency regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.260. Limitation on effective period of emergency regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.270. State policy.
- Sec. 44.62.280. Purpose of AS 44.62.180
- Sec. 44.62.290. Limits of the application of AS 44.62.180
- Sec. 44.62.300. Judicial review of validity.
- Sec. 44.62.305. Judicial relief in administrative matters.
- Sec. 44.62.310. Government meetings public.
- Sec. 44.62.312. State policy regarding meetings.
- Sec. 44.62.319. Short title.
- Sec. 44.62.330. Application of AS 44.62.330
- Sec. 44.62.340. Delegation of power by agencies.
- Sec. 44.62.350. Appointment of hearing officers.
- Sec. 44.62.360. Accusation.
- Sec. 44.62.370. Statement of issues.
- Sec. 44.62.380. Service of accusation.
- Sec. 44.62.390. Notice of defense.
- Sec. 44.62.400. Amended or supplemental accusation.
- Sec. 44.62.410. Time and place of hearing.
- Sec. 44.62.420. Form of notice of hearing.
- Sec. 44.62.430. Subpoenas; witness fees.
- Sec. 44.62.440. Depositions.
- Sec. 44.62.450. Hearings.
- Sec. 44.62.460. Evidence rules.
- Sec. 44.62.470. Evidence by affidavit.
- Sec. 44.62.480. Official notice.
- Sec. 44.62.490. Amendment of accusation after submission.
- Sec. 44.62.500. Decision in a contested case.
- Sec. 44.62.510. Form and retroactivity of decision.
- Sec. 44.62.520. Effective date of decision; stay.
- Sec. 44.62.530. Default.
- Sec. 44.62.540. Reconsideration.
- Sec. 44.62.550. Petition for reinstatement or reduction of penalty.
- Sec. 44.62.560. Judicial review.
- Sec. 44.62.570. Scope of review.
- Sec. 44.62.580. Continuances.
- Sec. 44.62.590. Contempt.
- Sec. 44.62.600. Voting procedure.
- Sec. 44.62.610. Charge.
- Sec. 44.62.620. Power to administer oaths.
- Sec. 44.62.630. Impartiality.
- Sec. 44.62.635. [Renumbered as AS 44.62.930 Renumbered
- Sec. 44.62.640. Definitions for AS 44.62.010
- Sec. 44.62.650. [Renumbered as AS 44.62.950 Renumbered
- Sec. 44.62.710. Purpose and applicability of AS 44.62.710
- Sec. 44.62.720. Determination of need for negotiated regulation making committee.
- Sec. 44.62.730. Use of convener.
- Sec. 44.62.740. Establishment, time line, support, and termination of committee.
- Sec. 44.62.750. Committee duties, procedures, and report.
- Sec. 44.62.760. Facilitator selection, duties, and authority.
- Sec. 44.62.770. Employees, contractors, and funding.
- Sec. 44.62.780. Judicial review.
- Sec. 44.62.790. Relationship to other requirements.
- Sec. 44.62.795. Confidentiality of certain records and documents.
- Sec. 44.62.800. Definitions. Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.930. Teleconferencing.
- Sec. 44.62.950. Short title.