Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "annual report" means a summary by the corporation of its business activities, results of operations, and financial condition for the last fiscal year, including consolidated financial statements, which meet the requirements of 43 U.S.C. Â§ 1606(o), effective December 18, 1971, and 43 U.S.C. Â§ 1625, effective January 2, 1976;
(2) "board" means the board of directors of the issuer of shares for which a proxy is solicited;
(3) "contest" means an issue in which the board expects one or more solicitations to be made which will be subject to 3 AAC 08.355;
(4) "corporation" means the issuer of shares with respect to which a proxy is solicited;
(5) "entity" means an individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, joint venture, trust, association, firm, corporation, or other organization, whether or not operated for profit, which is not a wholly owned subsidiary of the corporation;
(6) "executive officer" means the president, secretary, treasurer, a vice president in charge of a principal business function, such as sales, administration, or finance, or any other person who performs similar policy-making functions for the corporation;
(7) "family" means an individual's spouse, parents, children, or siblings by blood or adoption;
(8) "financial transaction" means
(A) the buying, selling, or leasing of real or personal property or of an interest in real or personal property, including, but not limited to, an option, right of first refusal, or joint venture interest;
(B) the buying or selling of services;
(C) the loaning or borrowing of money or a preliminary commitment to that transaction; or
(D) any other transaction which is substantially similar in nature to those listed in this paragraph, excluding distributions mandated by 43 U.S.C. Â§ 1606(j), effective December 18, 1971;
(9) "last fiscal year" means the fiscal year of the corporation most recently completed before the date of the meeting for which proxies are to be solicited;
(10) "nominee" means a person who has consented to being named in a proxy statement and who has agreed to serve if elected;
(A) means the board and the corporation;
(B) means a nominee for whose election as director proxies are solicited;
(C) means a committee or group which solicits proxies or a member of the committee or group;
(D) means a person who finances, directly or indirectly, the solicitation of proxies, except a person who contributes not more than $500 and who is not otherwise a participant;
(E) means a person who solicits proxies;
(F) does not include
(i) a person or organization retained or employed by a participant to solicit shareholders whose activities are limited to the performance of his duties in the course of his employment;
(ii) a person who merely transmits proxy soliciting material or performs other ministerial or clerical duties;
(iii) a person employed by a participant in the capacity of attorney, accountant, or as an advertising, public relations, or financial adviser, whose activities are limited to the performance of his duties in course of his employment; or
(iv) a person regularly employed as an officer or employee of a participant who is not otherwise a participant;
(12) "proxy" means a written authorization which may take the form of a consent, revocation of authority, or failure to act or dissent, signed by a shareholder or his attorney-in-fact and giving another person power to vote with respect to the shares of the shareholder;
(13) "proxyholder" means a person to whom a proxy or power of substitution is given;
(14) "proxy statement" means a letter, publication, press release, advertisement, radio/television script or tape, or other communication of any type which is made available to shareholders under circumstances reasonably calculated to result in the procurement, withholding, or revocation of a proxy;
(15) "shareholder" means one who is the holder of record of a share in the corporation;
(16) "solicitation" means
(A) a request to execute or not to execute, or to revoke a proxy; or
(B) the distributing of a proxy or other communication to shareholders under circumstances reasonably calculated to result in the procurement, withholding, or revocation of a proxy.
History: Eff. 1/4/81, Register 77; am 11/27/88, Register 108
Authority: AS 45.55.138
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006