Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
The solicitation of proxies on behalf of a participant, other than solicitations under 3 AAC 08.345, must be preceded or accompanied by a dated, written proxy statement including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) the name of the corporation in respect to which proxies are being solicited;
(2) the name and address of each participant, including each proxyholder, who has joined or proposes to join in the solicitation;
(3) a statement indicating whether any of the participants in the solicitation has an arrangement or understanding with an entity for future employment by the corporation or future financial transactions to which the corporation will or may become a party, and a description listing the terms of and the parties to each arrangement or understanding;
(4) if action is to be taken on the election of directors, a description of each nominee of the participant who has consented to act if elected; each description must include, if applicable
(A) name, age and address;
(B) all positions and offices presently held with the corporation;
(C) remaining term in office as director and all other periods of service as a director;
(D) percentage attendance during the last fiscal year at meetings of the board, including regularly scheduled and special meetings, and meetings of committees on which he served, if he attended fewer than 75 percent of the aggregate of these meetings;
(E) the nature of any family relationship with any director, nominee or executive officer of the corporation and its subsidiaries;
(F) business experience during the past five years, including principal employment or occupation and employer; and
(G) any of the following events which occurred during the past five years which are material to an evaluation of ability or integrity: voluntary or involuntary petition under any bankruptcy or insolvency laws, appointment of a receiver, conviction or plea of nolo contendere in a criminal proceeding, except traffic violations or other minor offenses, and the entry of any final judgment, order or decree, not subsequently reversed or vacated, that he engaged in unethical or illegal business practices or violated securities laws;
(5) a brief description of financial transactions by the corporation with any entity since the beginning of the corporation's last fiscal year and presently proposed financial transactions by the corporation with any entity if
(A) the transactions in the aggregate exceed $20,000; and
(B) the participant in the solicitation or a member of his family is employed by, is an officer or director of, or owns, directly or indirectly, an interest in the entity;
(6) a brief description of all legal proceedings to which each participant in the solicitation is a party with interests adverse to the corporation or its subsidiaries;
(7) a brief description of the methods to be employed to solicit proxies, if other than by the use of the mail;
(8) a statement of the total amount estimated to be spent and the total already expended on the solicitation of proxies;
(9) a statement indicating who will bear the expense of solicitation, and the amount each participant in the solicitation has contributed or has agreed to contribute, unless the participant is a contributor of less than $500 in the aggregate;
(10) a statement indicating whether reimbursement for solicitation expenses will be sought from the corporation; and
(11) if the proxy statement relates to any matter requiring notice to shareholders by law or to a special shareholders' meeting for which any participant in the solicitation sought shareholder signatures on a document calling for the special meeting
(A) a description of each matter which is to be submitted to a vote of the shareholders and a statement of the vote required for its approval; and
(B) a description of any substantial interest, direct or indirect, by shareholdings or otherwise, of each participant in the solicitation in any matter to be acted upon at the meeting, unless the participant owns shares in the corporation and would receive no extra or special benefit not shared on a pro rata basis by all other shareholders of the same class.
History: Eff. 1/4/81, Register 77
Authority: AS 45.55.138
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006