Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise
(1) "communicating" means conveying information regarding a debt, directly or indirectly, to any person through any medium;
(2) "creditor" means a financial institution with a certificate of authority or license issued by the department under AS 06 to conduct business as a financial institution in this state including, but not limited to, commercial and mutual savings banks, savings associations, trust companies, finance company licensees, and premium finance company licensees;
(3) "debt" means any obligation or alleged obligation to pay money, whether or not the obligation has been reduced to judgment;
(4) "debtor" means any person obligated or allegedly obligated to pay any debt and, in the case where the debtor is a minor, includes the guardian, executor, administrator, or parent of the debtor;
(5) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
(6) "director" means the director of banking, securities, and corporations in the department or the director's designee;
(7) "division" means the division of banking, securities, and corporations in the department.
History: Eff. 4/4/79, Register 70; am 6/6/82, Register 82; am 1/10/94, Register 129
Authority: AS 06.05.005 (a)
Editor's note: As of Register 171 (October 2004), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS 44.62.125 (b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Community and Economic Development to the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development made by ch. 47, SLA 2004 and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of community and economic development.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006