Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 45. Alaska Credit Union Act
- Section 10. Responsibility of Commissioner.
previous: Chapter 45
. Alaska Credit Union Act
next: Section 20
. Formation of Credit Union.
AS 06.45.010. Responsibility of Commissioner.
- (a) The commissioner shall administer this chapter.
- (b) The commissioner may by regulation define the powers of credit unions formed under this chapter and adopt regulations
to carry out the purposes of credit unions consistent with this chapter and AS 06.01.020.
- (c) The commissioner may delegate any authority, power, or function granted by this chapter.
- (d) The records of credit unions shall be kept and reports shall be made in accordance with regulations adopted by the
- (e) A person appointed or elected by a credit union to a position requiring the receipt, payment, or custody of money or
personal property owned by a credit union or in its custody or control as collateral or otherwise shall give bond in a
corporate surety company approved by the commissioner on a form approved by the commissioner and in an amount
prescribed by the commissioner. The commissioner may approve the use of a form of schedule or blanket bond which covers
all the officers and employees of a credit union whose duties include the receipt, payment, or custody of money or
other personal property for or on behalf of the credit union. The commissioner may approve the use of a form of excess
coverage bond under which a credit union may obtain coverage in excess of the basic surety coverage.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.