Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 1. Administration
- Section 20. Department Authority to Add Financial Institution Powers and Limitations.
previous: Section 15
next: Section 25
. Records of Department.
AS 06.01.020. Department Authority to Add Financial Institution Powers and Limitations.
- (a) Notwithstanding other provisions of this title, the department may by order authorize state financial institutions,
except licensees subject to AS 06.20, AS 06.40, or AS 06.50, to exercise any of the powers conferred upon, or to be
subject to any of the limitations imposed upon, a federally chartered financial institution doing business in this
state with deposits insured by an agency of the federal government if the department finds that the exercise of the
power or imposition of the limitation both
- (1) serves the public convenience and advantage; and
- (2) equalizes and maintains the quality of competition between state financial institutions and federally chartered
- (b) The authority granted to the department by this section may not be limited by law unless that law expressly refers to
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.