- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 65. Service Programs For Older Alaskans and Other Adults
- Section 40. Required Contribution By Sponsor.
previous: Section 30
. Pilot Project Grants.
next: Section 50
. Administrative Requirements.
AS 47.65.040. Required Contribution By Sponsor.
- (a) Except as provided in (f) of this section, a sponsor receiving a grant under AS 47.65.010
- 47.65.050 shall contribute to the total cost of the
program or project. The contribution may be in cash or in-kind services. The amount of the sponsor's required
contribution is determined by the application of the following formula: average per capita full and true value of all
property in the municipality or community in which the project or program takes place divided by the average per capita
full and true value of all property in the state, and then multiplied by the contribution percentage to the estimated
total program or project cost as determined by the commission at the time of approval of a grant application. However,
the amount of the sponsor's contribution may not amount to more than 10 percent of the total program or project cost.
- (b) For purposes of this section
- (1) the contribution percentage for
- (A) a program or project in a municipality or community having a population of 5,000 or less is 10 percent of the total
program or project cost;
- (B) a program or project in a municipality or community having a population of 5,001 to 10,000 is 20 percent of the total
program or project cost; and
- (C) a program or project in a municipality or community having a population of more than 10,000 is 30 percent of the total
program or project cost.
- (c) If an application is submitted for a program or project in a municipality or community for which no average per capita
full and true property value determination has been made,
- (1) if the population of the municipality or community is 750 or more, the commission shall request the state assessor to
compute the average per capita full and true property value of that municipality or community and report it;
- (2) if the population is less than 750, the commission may substitute for the average per capita full and true value of
property in the municipality or community an amount equal to the average per capita full and true value of property in
the smallest municipality for which that amount has been determined by the state assessor.
- (d) The required contribution rate of the sponsor may not exceed the contribution percentage established in (b) of this
- (e) The grant awarded by the commission may not exceed the estimated total program or project cost as determined by the
commission less the contribution by the sponsor determined in accordance with this section.
- (f) When awarding a grant to support a pilot project under AS 47.65.010 - 47.65.050, the commission may waive all or part of the
sponsor contribution required under this section if waiver is in the public interest. The commission shall adopt
regulations establishing standards for granting waivers under this subsection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.