- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 62. Office of the Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Section 40. Interference With the Long Term Care Ombudsman and Retaliation Prohibited.
previous: Section 35
. Immunity From Liability.
next: Section 50
. Legal Counsel For the Long Term Care Ombudsman.
AS 47.62.040. Interference With the Long Term Care Ombudsman and Retaliation Prohibited.
- (a) A person may not intentionally interfere with the ombudsman, or an employee, volunteer, or representative of the
office, in the performance of official duties under AS 47.62.015
- (b) If a person makes a good faith complaint described in AS 47.62.015, an employer or supervisor of the person, or a
public or private agency or entity that provides benefits, services, or housing to the person, may not discharge,
demote, transfer, reduce the pay or benefits or work privileges of, prepare a negative work performance evaluation of,
deny or withhold benefits or services, evict, or take other detrimental action against the person because of the
complaint. The person making the complaint may bring a civil action for compensatory and punitive damages against an
employer, supervisor, agency, or entity that violates this subsection. In the civil action there is a rebuttable
presumption that the detrimental action was retaliatory if it was taken within 90 days after the complaint was made.
- (c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.