- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 62. Office of the Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Section 15. Duties and Powers of the Long Term Care Ombudsman.
previous: Section 10
. Office Established.
next: Section 20
. Training and Certification of Staff.
AS 47.62.015. Duties and Powers of the Long Term Care Ombudsman.
- (a) The ombudsman shall investigate and resolve a complaint made by or on behalf of an older Alaskan who resides in a long
term care facility in the state if the complaint relates to a decision, action, or failure to act by a provider or a
representative of a provider of long term care services, or by a public agency or social services agency, that may
adversely affect the health, safety, welfare, or rights of the older Alaskan.
- (b) The ombudsman may investigate and resolve a complaint made by or on behalf of an older Alaskan relating to the long
term care or residential circumstances of the older Alaskan. Complaints under this subsection may relate to any issue
not covered under (a) of this section, including the older Alaskan's landlord, senior citizen housing, a public
assistance program, a public grant program for services to older Alaskans, public utilities, health care facilities,
and health care providers.
- (c) The ombudsman may
- (1) subpoena witnesses, compel their attendance, require the production of evidence, administer oaths, and examine any
person under oath in connection with a complaint described under (a) of this section; the powers described in this
paragraph shall be enforced by the superior court;
- (2) pursue administrative, legal, or other appropriate remedies on behalf of an older Alaskan who resides in a long term
care facility in the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.