- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 62. Office of the Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Section 20. Training and Certification of Staff.
previous: Section 15
. Duties and Powers of the Long Term Care Ombudsman.
next: Section 25
. Access to Long Term Care Facilities, Older Alaskans, and Records.
AS 47.62.020. Training and Certification of Staff.
- (a) The ombudsman shall provide for the training and certification of office staff, including volunteers and other
representatives of the office. Training must include instruction in federal, state, and local laws and policies
relating to long term care facilities in the state, and in investigative techniques. The ombudsman may require other
appropriate training. The ombudsman may decertify a person under this section for good cause in accordance with
regulations adopted by the authority.
- (b) An employee, volunteer, or other representative of the office may not investigate a complaint under AS 47.62.015
unless certified as having completed training under this section and approved by the ombudsman as qualified to
investigate the complaint.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.