- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 55. Alaska Pioneers' Home and Alaska Veterans' Home
- Section 30. Admission On Payment.
previous: Section 20
. Admission to a Home.
next: Section 35
. Exception to Admission Criteria.
AS 47.55.030. Admission On Payment.
- (a) A person eligible for admission under AS 47.55.020
may, on application, be admitted to the Alaska Pioneers' Home or the Alaska Veterans' Home upon the person's agreement
to pay to the state each month an amount the department considers sufficient to compensate the state for the cost of
care and support of the person at the home. When this agreement is entered into, the department may require security
for the payments.
- (b) The Department of Health and Social Services shall adopt regulations establishing a monthly rate for the compensation
a resident is to be charged under (a) of this section. The rate charged need not fully compensate the state for the
cost of care and support. The commissioner of health and social services shall review the rate each year.
- (c) The department shall provide to all residents of the homes written notice of any proposed change in the rate charged
for care and support of persons at the homes. Notice under this section shall be given not less than 60 days before a
change is adopted. The notice must include the time, date, and place of a hearing to be held by the department under
(d) of this section. The department may not change the rate charged more than once in a fiscal year.
- (d) Not less than 30 days before a proposed rate change is adopted, the Department of Health and Social Services shall
conduct a hearing at which interested persons shall be given the opportunity to submit written or oral testimony,
statements, arguments or contentions relating to the proposed rate change. The department shall consider all relevant
matter presented to it before adopting a rate change.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 28 ch 90 SLA 1991].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.