- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 37. Uniform Alcoholism and Intoxication Treatment Act
- Section 245. Wages of Patients.
previous: Section 240
. Payment For Treatment.
next: Section 250
. Effect of Chapter On Other Laws.
AS 47.37.245. Wages of Patients.
- (a) A participant in a residential drug abuse or alcoholism treatment program may be paid wages for work therapy. The
payment of wages for work therapy by a drug or alcoholism treatment program shall be considered an allowable cost under
the department's regulations governing costs a grantee may pay with money received from a grant.
- (b) No part of the wage earned by the patient worker may be deducted for the cost of room, board, or services. The
program, however, after the payment of wages, may assess and collect the reasonable cost of treatment according to
rates established under AS 47.37.240
, and on the same basis it assesses and collects from nonworking patients.
- (c) Wages earned by the patient worker may be held in trust by the program for the benefit of the patient, and, except as
provided in (d) of this section, may be disbursed by the program only with the patient's consent
- (1) for the support of the patient's dependents;
- (2) to pay a civil judgment;
- (3) for the purchase of gifts, clothing, and items of personal use;
- (4) to pay restitution or a fine;
- (5) for other purposes considered appropriate by the treatment program.
- (d) Wages earned by the patient worker may be disbursed without the patient's consent in accordance with a final court
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.