- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 33. Assisted Living Homes
- Section 350. Retaliation Against Home Resident.
previous: Section 340
. Resident Grievance Procedure.
next: Section 360
. Involuntary Termination of Contract.
AS 47.33.350. Retaliation Against Home Resident.
- (a) An assisted living home may not take retaliatory action against a resident of that home if the resident or the
- (1) exercises a right provided by this chapter or by other law;
- (2) appears as a witness, or refuses to appear as a witness, in an adjudicatory proceeding regarding the home;
- (3) files a civil action alleging a violation of this chapter; or
- (4) claims a violation of this chapter before a state or federal agency having jurisdiction over the home or its
- (b) Termination of a resident's residential services contract by an assisted living home within 60 days after the resident
engages in an activity described in (a) of this section creates a rebuttable presumption that the termination was
- (c) At the time, or before, a person begins residency in an assisted living home, the home shall give the resident and the
resident's representative, if any, written notice of the protection from retaliation provided under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.