- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 33. Assisted Living Homes
- Section 360. Involuntary Termination of Contract.
previous: Section 350
. Retaliation Against Home Resident.
next: Section 400
. - 47.33.410l License Required; Licensing Agency. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 57 SLA 2005].
AS 47.33.360. Involuntary Termination of Contract.
- (a) An assisted living home may not terminate a residential services contract with a resident of the home against the
resident's will, except
- (1) for medical reasons;
- (2) for engaging in a documented pattern of conduct that is harmful to the resident, other residents, or staff of the
- (3) for violation of the terms of the residential services contract, including failure to pay costs incurred under the
- (4) when emergency transfer out of the home is ordered by the resident's physician;
- (5) when the home is closing; or
- (6) when the home can no longer provide or arrange for services in accordance with the resident's needs and the resident's
assisted living plan.
- (b) At least 30 days before terminating the residential services contract with a resident under (a)(2), (3), (5), or (6)
of this section, the assisted living home shall provide written notice of the proposed contract termination to the
resident or the resident's representative, and to the resident's service coordinator if any. The notice must state the
- (1) basis for the termination; and
- (2) resident's right to contest the termination in the manner provided in the contract, which must include an offer by the
home to participate in a case conference as described in (c) of this section.
- (c) Before terminating the residential services contract with a resident under (a)(2), (3), (5), or (6) of this section,
the assisted living home shall participate in a case conference if requested by the resident or the resident's
representative. The case conference must include the resident, the resident's representative, if any, the resident's
advocate, if any, the resident's service coordinator, if any, the home administrator, and appropriate care providers
who may discuss the appropriateness of the contract termination.
- (d) If a home terminates the residential services contract with a resident under this section, the home shall cooperate
with the resident, the resident's service coordinator, if any, and the resident's representative, if any, in making
arrangements to relocate the resident.
Article 04. FORMS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.