- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 33. Assisted Living Homes
- Section 60. House Rules.
previous: Section 50
. Temporary Absence.
next: Section 70
. Resident Files.
AS 47.33.060. House Rules.
- (a) An assisted living home may establish house rules, subject to the limitations provided for under this chapter.
- (b) An assisted living home shall give a copy of the house rules to a prospective resident or the prospective resident's
representative before the prospective resident enters into a residential services contract with the home, and shall
post the house rules in a conspicuous place in the home.
- (c) House rules may address various issues, including
- (1) times and frequency of use of the telephone;
- (2) hours for viewing and volume for listening to television, radio, and other electronic equipment that could disturb
- (3) visitors;
- (4) movement of residents in and out of the home;
- (5) use of personal property;
- (6) use of tobacco and alcohol; and
- (7) physical, verbal, or other abuse of other residents or staff.
- (d) An assisted living home may not adopt a house rule that unreasonably restricts a right of a resident provided for
under this chapter or under any other provision of law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.