- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 675. Notice of Rights.
previous: Section 670
. Standards For Voluntary Admission.
next: Section 680
. Discharge of Voluntary Patients.
AS 47.30.675. Notice of Rights.
- (a) Upon the application of a person for voluntary admission, or at the time a person admitted under AS 47.30.690
reaches the age of 18, the person shall be given a copy of the following documents which shall be explained as
- (1) notice of rights as set out in AS 47.30.825
- 47.30.865 and an explanation of any document served
upon the person; and
- (2) notice that should the person desire to leave at a time when the treatment facility determines that the person is
mentally ill and as a result is likely to cause serious harm to self or others or is gravely disabled, the facility
could initiate commitment proceedings against the person.
- (b) If an applicant for voluntary admission does not understand English, the explanation shall be given in a language the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.