- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 590. Patient Rights and the Confidential Nature of Records and Information.
previous: Section 580
. Comprehensive Services.
next: Section 600
. Applicability to Existing Programs. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 47 SLA 1987].
AS 47.30.590. Patient Rights and the Confidential Nature of Records and Information.
- (a) The department shall adopt regulations to assure patient rights and to safeguard the confidential nature of records
and information about the recipients of services provided under this chapter. The regulations must require that
entities identified in AS 47.30.540
(b) develop and include in any plan submitted for approval adequate provisions for safeguarding confidential
information. The regulations must provide for disclosure of confidential information to parents or guardians, to mental
health professionals providing services to a recipient, and to other appropriate service agencies when it is in the
defined best interests of the patient.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, the department is authorized to review, obtain, and copy confidential and other
records and information about the clients of services requested or furnished under AS 47.30.520
- 47.30.620 to evaluate compliance with those
statutes. The department may obtain the records and information regarding clients from the client or directly from an
entity designated by the department under AS 47.30.520
- 47.30.620 that furnished those services. Records
obtained by the department under this subsection are medical records, shall be handled confidentially, and are exempt
from public inspection and copying under AS 40.25.110
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.