- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 95. Definitions For Day Care Assistance and Child Care Grant Programs.
previous: Section 90
. [Renumbered as AS 47.55.090
next: Section 100
. [Renumbered as AS 47.55.100
AS 47.25.095. Definitions For Day Care Assistance and Child Care Grant Programs.
In AS 47.25.001
- (1) "child" means a person below 13 years of age, or a minor who has a developmental disability;
- (2) "child care facility" means an establishment licensed as a child care facility under AS 47.32, including day care centers, family day care homes, and
schools for preschool age children, that provides care for children not related by blood, marriage, or legal adoption
to the owner, operator, or manager of the facility;
- (3) "day care" means the care, supervision, and guidance of a child or children unaccompanied by a parent or legal
guardian on a regular basis for periods of less than 24 hours a day;
- (4) "day care facility" means a center or home licensed in accordance with the provisions of AS 47.32 as a child care facility or recognized by the federal government for the care of
- (5) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (6) "developmental disability" means a disability under which a person is incapable of self-care, as verified by a
physician or licensed or certified psychologist who has examined the person.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.